CHARMINSTER FETE: Saturday 1st June
· Fete opens 1400 with the Jazz Band – Entry £1 for adults, children under 12 free
· Punch and Judy has 2 shows during the afternoon
· Hot Food and a well stocked bar
· Bouncy castle for exuberant children to work off their energy
· Numerous stalls for adults and children
· Grand Draw raffle with £100 top prize
· Children’s Tug of War
· One of the highlights of this year’s fete will be the return the village dog show – a fun event for family pets.
Well-behaved dogs have always been welcomed at the fete and this year they are going to be the centre of attention. There’s no need to enter your dog in advance, just bring them along to the fete and choose which classes you want to enter. There’ll be classes for the happiest dog, the dog in best fancy dress, the one most like its owner, the dog and owner with the best six legs, the best Junior handler for the under 12 year-olds and of course, the Best in Show.
We’re delighted that Mrs Sarah Caldwell has agreed to act as judge. Sarah is the owner of Hillcrest Boarding Kennels at Winterbourne Steepleton.
Thank you to all those who are kindly contributing produce for the fete. Please note the following drop off points for your contributions:
· Books Drop off either at 1 West Hill (inside the porch) or at The Yews, 3 Mill Lane, Charminster
· Cakes Suitably wrapped cakes may be given to Marilyn Taylor at 18 West Hill the day before the fete or may be brought to the stall either on the morning of the fete or when you come to the fete
· Plant Stall Plants may be dropped off at The Yews, 3 Mill Lane, otherwise please deliver them direct to the plant stall before 1200 on the morning of the fete.
· Bric a Brac Bric a Brac may be dropped off at the side door of 7 East Hill between 17-31 May – 01305 264724
· Tombola Prizes for the Adult and Children’s tombolas may be left at The Gables, 14 West Hill or at Frome Whitfield Farmhouse. Judy Thompson can also collect – telephone 01305 263783 or email email@example.com
· Jams and Preserves Jams and preserves may be left at The Glebe Farmhouse, 8 West Hill.